Monday, August 31, 2009

Is this how Home Depot views gardeners?!

Hmm...what's wrong with this picture? Do you regularly stand out in your garden and spray water into the air? I'm guessing not. The lady above seems to be spraying up into the air and over onto the gravel pathway. She's missing the plants!

This image was included in an email from the "Home Depot Garden Club". It's really exclusive ;) That picture makes me laugh because, as the text suggests, the latest "garden club newsletter" was all about saving water. Ironic, huh? Maybe instead of showing a lady spraying water into the air, they should have shown a drip irrigation system. Better still, they could actually carry a full line of drip irrigation supplies. (I had to go to OSH to get mine this year.) Goofy Home Depot. We have a love-hate relationship.

5 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Hi Jackie! Sometimes, I stand like this. It's when I set the wand on Mist and spray my big fern hanging basket. But I don't think she is doing misting...

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

You are right Jackie... like an advertisement on green hose, yellow shirt and a hat.
~bangchik

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Just make you wonder what they were thinking.

Autumn Belle said...

I think this is more suitable for fashion instead of garden and saving water.

Anonymous said...

Snort! What an oxymoron for advertisement!