Thursday, November 26, 2009

Candied Grapefruit/Lemon Peels

I'm anticipating my first harvest of lemons from my little Meyer lemon tree. There are probably about 25 lemons and I could pick them anytime now. Making use of the juice is no problem, but what about the peels? Candy them! The picture above was my test on an organic grapefruit. Delicious! The flavor is reminiscent of "orange slice" candy. Did you ever have any of it...maybe as a kid? It was jellybean-like on the inside and coated in sugar on the outside. (Probably full of high fructose corn syrup.) Here's a recipe from Whole Foods...just citrus peels, sugar and water!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Those are beautiful Jackie and look delicious! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Carol

Jackie said...

Thanks, Carol. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, as well.